Join the AFDCS Today!
Membership in the American First Day Cover Society is just $30 annually ($40 for non-US residents) or just $24 annually worldwide for online delivery of First Days.
- Two free non-commercial Cover Exchange ads a year.
- Discounts on handbooks concentrating on specific areas.
- AFDCS Court of Honor Christmas FDCs.
- AFDCS Generic Cachets--always handy to have on hand.
- A translation service: Wondering what that marking on your FDC means?
- Slide programs: Give FDC talks at your local club meetings.
- The Question Box: Answering questions and expanding your knowledge of first day covers for sixty years.
- Cachetmakers Spotlight: Features the work of new cachetmakers.
- Chapter News: News of our chapter activities. There may be a chapter near you.
- First Cachets Update: Establishing the start of many cachet lines.
- Book Reviews
- Single-Issue Cachet Catalogues.
Among the Society's recent accomplishments in the past decade as the "FDC Ambassador:"
- The elevation of first day cover exhibiting: Americover became a World Series of Philately show and the Illustrated Mail division of exhibiting was established.
- A special exhibit of first day covers at Washington 2006, the U.S. international stamp exhibition, to show the International Federation of Philately that FDCs deserve international recognition.
- Ongoing dialogues with the U.S. Postal Service about FDC collector and cachetmaker concerns.
- Production and distribution of a brochure explaining first day covers to the rights-holders of stamp subjects.
- First day ceremonies for stamps that weren't going to have them.
- Continued maintenance and contributions to the AFDCS Archives at the American Philatelic Research Library's new facility.
Ready to Join? Go to the Membership Application now!